Monday – Kindness Week begins; ELPAC testing begins (for English Learners only)
Tuesday – Spring Pictures
Wednesday – Valentine’s Day – bring cards and non-food items only for each student; VAPA; Variety Show auditions for 6th graders; Math Mid Module 4 Assessment
Thursday – minimum day; field trip to Eastlake Middle School; finish Math Mid Module 4 Assessment
Friday – No School – Lincoln’s Birthday
Please see below regarding our Valentine’s Day exchange on Wednesday, 2/14. Remember that food items are NOT allowed.
On Wednesday, 2/14, if your child would like to pass out Valentine’s Day cards (non food-items only), they may do so as long as they bring one for each student (28 students). I will provide the class roster on Google Classroom for students to view.
If you would like to see photos from camp, please join Homeroom here. This is the easiest platform that I’ve discovered to share photos easily and privately. Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee photos of every child but I will try to get as many groups shots as possible so you can look for your child. They are having a wonderful time so far. Today, they will begin their activity day groups, which include hiking, trees, water, wilderness survival, activities such as rock climbing, canoeing, archery, etc. It should be a beautiful day!
I created a Donorschoose project to replenish the broken and lost PE equipment such as kickballs and foam balls. If you would like to donate, please visit the project here. Donations are being doubled for a limited time and any amount truly helps. Thank you!
Here are the important dates and events for the week:
Monday: Grade level speech contest; Let’s wish Hailey good luck as she represents our class in the grade level speech contest!
Tuesday: Eastlake Middle School band will be performing for us; students will have a chance to see and hear all the instruments that they may choose to play in middle school as an elective.
Friday: Jump Rope 4 Heart; National Wear Red Day! Last day to turn in camp store money in envelope. Please do NOT bring camp store money on the morning that we leave for camp.
We will review the camp equipment list and some reminders. There will be a flier of reminders sent home this week.
Here is some updated information on camp.
- If you would like to send a letter to your child during camp, please put it in an envelope with your child’s name and hand it to me on the Monday morning when we leave OR drop it off in the front office by Wednesday of that week. Only letters are permitted; care packages with food and other items are NOT allowed.
- Students will return home around noon on Friday. You may meet the buses at the front of the school and sign out your child to go home.
- On Monday morning, please have all items packed and labeled and have your child walk it to the auditorium to line up with his/her class. Students must stay with their luggage in the auditorium until buses depart.
- If you would like your child to have spending money for the camp store, put cash in an envelope with your child’s name and amount and bring it to school by Friday, 2/2. Please DO NOT bring in money on the morning of camp. Usually, $20-40 is enough. The more expensive items are the shirts. Please see the camp store list for prices.
- If you have additional questions, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or message me on Dojo.
Friday will be our end of quarter/holiday pajama movie brunch party. If you would like to sign up to bring a goodie, please click here. Students will still need to eat lunch at the regular time.
A reverse permission slip was sent home last week since we will be watching a PG movie. If you do NOT give your child permission to watch a PG movie, please fill out the form and send it back.
Camp payments are due this Friday, 12/15, but it would be helpful to have the payments in by Wednesday to ensure that the district office receives them before break. You may send cash or check made out to CVESD.
If anyone is able to donate 1 or 2 regular size staplers, it would be very much appreciated. Since my second stapler broke last year, the students and I have been sharing the same one and they need to ask permission each time since it sits on my desk. I would love to leave one out for students to use as needed. Thanks in advance!
Quarter 2 report cards will be sent home at the end of the week. Winter break will last from 12/18 – 1/5. I hope you all enjoy a wonderful holiday season with your family!
Again, thank you to everyone who donated to the classroom fitness basket. From what I heard, the Winter Wonderful was, once again, very successful!