Posted in Week at a Glance

Week at a Glance

If anyone is going to Vons this week, please pick up a stack of store fliers for us. We will be doing a comparison shopping activity on Friday so we will need 30 fliers by then. I will let you know once we have enough fliers.

For those who purchased books through Scholastic, they should be arriving this week. Did you know that each purchase you make also helps us earn free books for our classroom? Thank you for your orders!

Conference confirmations were sent home on Friday if you already signed up for a time slot. I will be assigning the rest of the times to any remaining families this week so please be on the lookout for your conference appointment.

Here is what is happening this week:

Student Council Election videos and voting will occur Tuesday – Thursday. We will watch the candidate videos in class and vote on Google Classroom.

Thursday: Picture Day!

This is what we will be learning:

ELA – We will be reading Cassie’s Fight and working on the following: identifying key details and summarizing, analyzing  how a sentence contributes to the development of the plot, and analyzing how the author develops point of view.

Writing – We are finalizing our informative problem/solution essay on Queen Elizabeth I and I hope to have them published on our blogs this week. Then we will move on to writing a monologue similar to the one we read about Anne Frank.

Math – We will be working on rates (a ratio with two different units such as miles per gallon, words per minute, ounces per dollar, etc.) and comparison shopping.

Social Studies – This is week 2 in our Early Man unit and we will be learning about how early man was able to migrate further away from the equator after the Ice Age and began to produce food, domesticate animals, and create communities with more formal government.

PE – tagging games with Mrs. Greenlee